I finally took time out to organise my new hair regimen according to what I think my hair needs. First off, I plan on keeping my hair in protective styles on a one month on, one off basis.
During my one month of letting my hair breath I plan on following this regimen;
- Spritz my hair with leave-in conditioning mist
- Oil my edges and roots
- Put my hair in a protective style
- Deep condition
- Detangle hair
- Moisturize with LCO method
- Wash hair
- Hot oil treatment
- Trim ends
On some months, I’ll do the inversion method of hair massage but it won’t be that often because I tend to be lazy at times. I’ll also wear my hair out sometimes just to show off how big my afro is.
I’m not much of a product junkie, I mostly use my products on wash days and on other days, I stick to water, the oils and leave-in conditioning mist.
The full list of the products I use;
(Links to buy them from jumia included.)
- Tea tree and cinnamon leave in conditioning mist
- Castor oil
- Coconut oil
- Jojoba oil
- Olive oil leave-in conditioner
- Macadamia oil extract conditioner
- Olive oil detangling oil moisturizer
- Vo5 moisturizing shampoo
- Tea tree and cinnamon moisturizing hair cream
- Shea butter
Hopefully this would help me retain my goal length of 3 inches or more whilst keeping my hair really healthy as I hope to have atleast 14 inches of hair length by the end of this year.
Is there anything you think I should add? What’s your hair regimen?
Stay glam! Be healthy!
-Drop of black