I am a very careful natural, mostly because I overthink a lot and also because I want my hair to reach a certain level of health and length when it can take some manipulation without breakage or damage.
I compiled a list of things I’ve always wanted to do with my hair but haven’t tried for various reasons. I may not do all of them but it’ll be fun anyways.
- Get highlights – Thanks to Jeannie Mai, I’ve always wanted to get dark blur highlights, I just loved the look on her so much and how it blends with the hair till light hits it and you’re like ‘whaaaat?’ I just love this so much.
- Straighten my hair- The last time I straightened my hair was on my secondary school prom night and it didn’t straighten, it stayed fluffy and full and I plan on straightening my hair again sometimes this year towards the end when I’ll have achieved most of my health and length goals for the year.
- Do a wash and go – I have seen a lot of wash and go’s on YouTube but never tried one myself, research from a lot of people has said it causes single strand knots and tangles and stuff but I still want to give it a chance, I’ll do that next week most probably, I’ll be sure to post about that here.
- Go bald – I know it’s crazy, a lot of my friends have told me not to try it but I will go bald, obviously not now, I’m still enjoying my hair journey but at some point later in my life I’ll go bald and start again, I think it’ll be a huge step sure but it’ll be fun and I’ll get to know how baldness feels.
- Donate my hair – Well this comes after going bald I guess, I’ll donate my hair to a charity foundation or something (if they’ll accept it)
That’s all I have so far, Do you have any other ideas I can try? Please I don’t want something that’ll ruin my curl pattern, something safe.
Stay glam, stay true to you.
-Drop of black.