If you have been following me on Instagram you will know that I love Aloe Vera, I have also written a number of posts about Aloe Vera on this blog that you can read at a later time.
Aloe Vera is a succulent plant that contains a clear gel within it’s leaves. It has many benefits for hair care, skin care, wound healing, infections and even type 2 diabetes.
Part of it’s skin care benefits is that it helps clear dark spots and smoothen the skin. This blog post is dedicated to 5 ways you can use aloe vera to achieve this goal.
You can also watch my YouTube video on Aloe vera for skin here;
Pure Aloe Vera
- Cut the leaf from your garden or buy from a store.
- Apply the gel to your face just like any other face mask.
- Leave it on for as long as you like before washing it out. (Minimum time to leave it on is 15 minutes and maximum time is overnight).
Cinnamon, Honey and Aloe Vera facial mask
- Put 2 tablespoons of honey into a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 table spoon of Aloe Vera gel and 1 quarter teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Mix it together and apply evenly to your face.
- Leave on for about 10 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
Coconut oil, Aloe Vera and Sugar facial scrub
- Mix 2 tablespoons each of coconut oil and Sugar.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera.
- Use scrub accordingly.
Pin for later..
Things to keep in mind
It is possible to have an allergic reaction to Aloe Vera. If you notice symptoms such as redness rashes or swelling, cease from using Aloe Vera.
Which of these DIYs have you used before? How did that work out for you?
Don’t forget to comment and follow me on Instagram for behind the scene of all my blog posts and uploads.
Stay smooth, stay healthy.
–Drop of black