Having a tender scalp is something every natural will have to deal with at some point even if its just for a short period of time.
It can be triggered by physical, chemical, genetic or environmental factors and it’s seen mostly in people with dry or greasy scalp. It’s symptoms include;
- Sensitivity to touch
How to relieve scalp tenderness
Depending on the cause of your tender scalp it may be relieved at home with DIYs and scalp massages. There are also posts for how to combat dandruff, lice, ringworm and other things that could be causing scalp tenderness you can read later.
However,it is important to see a trichologist or dermatologist if you think you have a skin disorder.
Applying ice and scalp massages can help relieve tenderness. Some other products relieve tenderness of the scalp when applied or massaged into the scalp. They include;
- Aloe Vera
- Castor oil
- Coconut oil
And other anti-inflammatory oils.
How to prevent scalp tenderness
You can prevent scalp tenderness by doing the following;
- Avoid too tight hairstyles that can cause tension on the scalp and tenderness.
- Don’t pack your hair in the same place for top long.
- Don’t apply harsh products to your scalp. Try to stick with products with natural ingredients.
- Find out if you have ant skin allergies and avoid using products you’re allergic to.
- Regular scalp massages (once a week) can help boost scalp health by stimulating blood flow.
Pin for later…
How do you relieve scalp tenderness? I would love to read it in the comments. If you need help with your hair regimen get more information here.
Be sure to subscribe so you can get more information, deals and freebies.
Stay healthy, stay cool.
-Drop of black