If you’ve ever googled ways to lose weight or checked it up on YouTube one sure fire way you will see is intermittent fasting.
Intermittent fasting in a nutshell is setting aside times you will eat and times you will fast so it can be 16:8 which is a breakdown of the 24 hours of a day nd implies that for 16 hours that day you will fast and for eight hours you will eat what you want; It doesn’t focus on what you eat but on when you eat.
Intermittent fasting can be tailored to what you want as well as how quick you want to lose weight, pre-existing medical conditions must be taken into consideration too.
How does intermittent fasting work?
It is a dieting pattern or eating pattern, it involves you giving yourself a smaller eating window. It helps with discipline for me because it helps me not eat impulsively.
- Weight loss.
- Reduction of Insulin resistance.
- Reduction of inflammation.
- It reduces cholesterol and other risk factors for heart health.
- It may protect against Alzheimer’s and also increase life span (inference from experiments carried out on animals.)
What plan works for me?
There are four ways I’ve seen intermittent fasting carried out;
- 16:8; This involves sixteen hours of fasting including sleep time and eight hours eating window.
- 14:10; This is involves fourteen to ten hours eating window.
- 5:2; This gives you five days of the week as an eating window and a two days fast.
- 6:1; This gives you six days of the week as an eating window and a full day fast.
Deciding what plan to follow depends on you and your health background. Some people can afford to go on a two day fast taking only water while some can’t.
I’m doing a 16:8 and right now I’m not following it strictly sticking to times and all, I just make sure to keep my fasting time at 16 hours straight.
Things to take into consideration
- Do not do this if you have an underlying medical condition it will interfere with like ulcer or low blood sugar or something similar.
- Drink only water or tea or coffee without sugar or milk.
- You can exercise if you want to.
- Don’t eat just anything during your eating window; still eat healthy foods.
Weight loss update
Week 2 waist cm: 78.4cm
Current waist cm: 78.8cm
I gained 0.4 cm unfortunately but I don’t feel discouraged, I’m still going.
Total cm lost : 1.2 cm
This week I did my exercise, kept hydrated and I am not strictly carrying out intermittent fasting but I only eat when I am hungry and eat reasonable sizes.
Have you ever tried intermittent fasting? How did it work for you?
Please Check out my Patreon page to support me to getting a domain on WordPress and starting my YouTube channel on a professional scale.
Stay fit, Stay healthy
–Drop of black