On this quest to being of a healthier weight one advice I received on every site I read is to stay hydrated and not hydrated with drinks or juices, hydrated with water. Water everywhere, as Fela said, “Water no get enemy” (Water has no enemy).
What’s in Water?
I feel like I shouldn’t have made this a special heading because water isn’t like those oils or things that contain many properties and what not. Water contains only two things;
Hydrogen and Oxygen, H20. We’re not having a chemistry class on all that so lets go to the next thing.
Why is water so important?
Up to 60% of the human body is water and up to 90% of our body weight is made of water. I know its crazy, isn’t it? Water is present in every cell in the body and these cells make up the tissues and muscles and organs in the body, lets not forget our blood and brain fluid too, that’s water doing its thing.
So if I’m trying to lose weight and 90% of my weight is from water then shouldn’t I cut back water? NO you shouldn’t, here is the logic; If you drink less water the body will retain the water it gets because it hardly gets water and to prevent being dehydrated it has to plan ahead so when you drink more water there is no need for this retention which will lose those extra kg of retained water.
How to water helps in losing weight
- It boosts your metabolism.
- Cleanses the body of weight (Detoxification).
- It acts as an appetite suppressant which is good for people who tend to overeat.
How to drink water to lose weight
It’s recommended to drink about 8 glasses of water a day but daily water intake recommendation is calculated according to weight and can be done for free online.
- Drink before you eat : This will make you feel fuller and help you to not over-eat.
- Eating before you exercise : Helps to prevent cramps and increase your endurance so you can exercise for longer time periods.
- Drinking it cold: Because your body will have to do some work to get it to the warm temperature this will boost your metabolism.
- Substitute soft drinks or sugar filled drinks with water.
Weight loss update
Week 1 waist cm: 79.3
Current waist cm: 78.4
Cm lost this week: 0.9 cm
Total cm lost : 1.6 cm
I would call this progress. This week I did my exercise, kept hydrated and I am not strictly carrying out intermittent fasting but I only eat when I am hungry and eat reasonable sizes.
How much water do you drink in a day? Please Check out my Patreon page to support me to getting a domain on WordPress and starting my YouTube channel on a professional scale.
Stay fit, Stay healthy
–Drop of black